Prepare to become a quality leader or refresh your knowledge by completing the HCQM: A Review of the Core Body of Knowledge (CBK) online course; a primer for the Health Care Quality and Management (HCQM) Certification Exam. Learn the basics of health care quality, risk management, accreditation, patient safety, and more. Most examinees take advantage of the CBK course to fulfill the education requirement for the exam. While the course is a valuable overview of HCQM, it is not required and does not ensure successful completion of the HCQM Exam.
Diplomate Members $300 - Professional Members $395 - Non Members $530
The key concepts of the CBK Online Course include:
At the conclusion of this activity, attendees should be able to:
- Quality Improvement, Quality Management, and Quality Assurance
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Resource Management
- Case Management
- Transitions of Care
- Accreditation Organizations
- Regulatory Environment
- Credentialing and Privileging
- Insurance and Managed Care
- Workers' Compensation Education
- Legal & Ethical Issues in Risk Management
- The Physician Advisor in HCQM
- Discuss the use of peer review in assuring quality of care in a variety of settings
- Discuss the evolution of the definition of error in medicine
- Explain various ways utilization is managed and costs are controlled
- Review legal and quality considerations specific to case management practice
- Identify essentials of safe and effective transitions of care
- Discuss the differences between accreditation, certification, and regulatory agencies
- Discuss critical regulatory issues (Stark law, Anti-kickback statute, etc.)
- Specify how credentials and privileges are granted, maintained, and removed
- Discuss publicly funded health programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and Indian Health Service
- Determine oversight in Workers' Compensation and related programs
- Discuss the importance of the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Recognize the importance of informed consent
- Describe the roles and areas of potential influence for the experienced physician advisor
- Explain the basic types of medical necessity reviews
- Describe how the definition of observation services differs from inpatient status
Nelhs Betancourt, MD, MPH, DABT, CHCQM, CIME
Susan Carr, BA
Marie Cleary-Fishman, RN , MS, MBA, CHCQM
David L. Fishman, MD, FACC, CHCQM
David Gates, MD
Hemant Gupta, MD, MSc., CHCQM-PHYADV
Christopher J. Laney, JD, CHCQM
Cheri Lattimer, RN, BSN
Amanda Newlon, JD
Nick J. Paslidis, MD, PhD, MHCM, MACP, CHCQM
Sunil K. Sinha, MD, MBA, CHCQM, FACP, FACHE
Erin Smith Aebel, JD
Teresa M. Treiger, RN-BC , MA, CCME, CHCQM
Members of the CME Committee, Planners, and Faculty have disclosed to ABQAURP any relevant financial relationships. No relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies or conflicts of interest exist in regard to the content of this online activity except for:
Nelhs Betancourt, MD, disclosed he receives Premise Health consulting fees, who contracts B Braun International's services. This module has been reviewed and found to contain no bias. Dr. Betancourt has no other financial relationships to disclose regarding the content of this presentation.
Susan Carr, BA, disclosed she is a sub-contracted blog writer for Taylor Communications. This module has been reviewed and found to contain no bias. Ms. Carr has no other financial relationships to disclose regarding the content of this presentation.
ACCREDITATION & CREDIT
The American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ABQAURP designates this enduring material for a maximum of 26.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABQAURP is an approved provider of continuing education for nurses. This activity is designated for 26.0 contact hours through the Florida Board of Nursing, Provider #50-94.
This program is approved for Category 2 credit by the American Osteopathic Association.
This activity is valid from May 9, 2023 through September 30, 2025. (Previously valid: November 9, 2020 through August 31, 2023 and reviewed May 8, 2023.)