Prepare to become a quality leader (or refresh your knowledge) by completing the Core Body of Knowledge (CBK) online course; a primer for the Health Care Quality and Management (HCQM) Certification Exam. Learn the basics of health care quality, risk management, utilization, accreditation, patient safety, and more. To fulfill the educational requirement for the certification exam, most examinees take advantage of the CBK Course. While the course is recommended as a valuable overview of HCQM, it is not required and does not ensure successful completion of the exam.
Diplomate Members $300 - Professional Members $395 - Non Members $530
The key concepts of the Core Body of Knowledge (CBK) Online Course include:
At the conclusion of this activity, attendees should be able to:
- Quality Improvement, Quality Management, and Quality Assurance
- Patient Safety
- Clinical Resource Management
- Case Management
- Transitions of Care
- Accreditation Organizations
- Regulatory Environment
- Credentialing and Privileging
- Insurance and Managed Care
- The Workers' Compensation System
- Legal Issues in Risk Management
- Physician Advisor Roles in HCQM
About the Faculty:
- Discuss the use of peer review in assuring quality of care in a variety of settings
- Explore the purpose and programs of Risk Management
- Explain various ways utilization is managed and costs are controlled
- Explore frameworks, legal, and quality considerations in case management practice
- Identify essentials of safe and effective transitions of care
- Discuss the evolution and the benefits of accreditation
- Discuss the differences between accrediting organizations and regulatory agencies
- Discuss critical regulatory issues (Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, etc.)
- Outline concepts essential for credentialing and privileging of health care providers
- Discuss publicly funded health programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare
- Examine the impact of managed care on quality and utilization
- Define the role and functions of an Accountable Care Organization
- Recognize Workers’ Compensation terminology, common definitions, and oversight
- Discuss the importance of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and Informed Consent
- Describe the roles and areas of potential influence for a physician advisor
- Describe the application of the Two-Midnight rule as a requirement for inpatient level of care for Medicare beneficiaries
- Describe how the definition of observation services differs from inpatient status
American College of Physician Advisors
Nelhs Betancourt, MD, CHCQM
Marie Cleary-Fishman, RN , MS, MBA, CHCQM
David L. Fishman, MD, FACC, CHCQM
Christopher J. Laney, JD, CHCQM
Cheri Lattimer, RN, BSN
Sunil K. Sinha, MD, MBA, CHCQM
Teresa M. Treiger, RN-BC , MA, CCME, CHCQM
Members of the CME Committee, Planners, and Faculty have disclosed to ABQAURP any relevant financial relationships. No relevant financial relationships or conflicts of interest exist in regard to the content of this online activity except for:
Nelhs Betancourt, MD, disclosed he receives Premise Health consulting fees, who contracts B Braun International's services. This module has been reviewed and found to contain no bias. Dr. Betancourt has no other financial relationships to disclose regarding the content of this presentation.
ACCREDITATION & CREDIT
The American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ABQAURP designates this enduring material for a maximum of 26.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABQAURP is an approved provider of continuing education for nurses. This activity is designated for 26.0 contact hours through the Florida Board of Nursing, Provider #50-94.
This program is approved for Category 2 credit by the American Osteopathic Association.
This activity is valid from November 9, 2020 through November 8, 2023. (Previously valid: February 15, 2018 through November 8, 2020 and reviewed November 8, 2020.)
ABQAURP offers a 10% discount to active military and Veterans on the Exam application and registration fees and CBK course. Please call Barbara Thomas at (800) 998-6030, extension 116 for information.